In a rush and need to pack a portable meal...or planning on taking a trip and want some great ideas of meals you can take along?
Try these Great Meals to Go...
Great Meals to Go...
A few weeks ago, I was making dinner for the family when I got a call from a friend. She had an emergency and needed me to come and watch her kids. I had food on the stove and in the oven and didn't know what to do...when I decided to pack it and go. I poured the meat sauce I was making into a microwave dish and waited the extra 5 minutes to finish the spaghetti. I put that into another container. I grabbed a bag of veggies from the refrigerator drawer along with my favorite knife and cutting tray and packed it all in the car with my two littlest ones.
When I got to my friend's house, I just pulled out the sauce (it was so hot, I didn't even have to heat it). Took out some paper plates, doled out the spaghetti and ladled out the sauce on top. Fast, easy and portable!
- Pack a thermos with soup and wrap some sandwiches. The warm soup makes the sandwiches more filling and makes the meal more special.
- Consider wrapping sandwich halves. This lets you eat smaller portions when you are anxious to continue your journey.
- Always make more than one type of sandwich - it adds variety and makes kids feel like they have choices.
- Consider taking the "fixings" along with a loaf of bread and making the sandwiches when you stop. They taste fresher and again, gives people a choice what they want to eat.
- Take lots of cut vegetables for noshing along the way.
- Take handy wipes along to clean up messy hands or faces.
Click here for some other ideas for Romantic Meals for Two...